Press the NAV button to display the “Navigation” screen.
The “Destination” key provides several methods for setting and/or saving a destination.
The “Home” key allows you to enter and save your home address as a destination.
“Turn List” shows your current destination’s route list. Press the “Turn List” key to display this screen.
“Previous Destinations” searches for a previously mapped destination in the destination’s memory.
“Routing Options” allows you to set route calculation settings.
“Cancel Route” allows you to cancel the current route.
Select the “Destination” key to view the “Destination” menu.
To set a destination from a street address, push the NAV button, press the Destination key, and then press the “Street Address” key.
If the state shown is not correct, press the Change State/Province key and enter the name of the state. Choose the correct state from the list.
Next, press the “Street” key. Enter the house number and select “OK.” Enter the street name, then select “List” and choose the correct street name. You may be asked to spell the city name to narrow down the matches. Your selected destination is displayed at the center of the map.
Select the “Start” key to calculate the route and begin route guidance.
The “Places” key searches for a destination by name, from various categories of businesses, or by location.
“Map” allows you to search for a destination by scrolling around on the map, the system then calculates a route or stores the position in the Address Book.
“Address Book” calls up a destination you have previously stored. “My Places” searches for a destination from data stored on a USB storage device. “Intersection” allows you to set an intersection of two streets as a destination.
The settings the system uses to calculate the route to a destination can be adjusted to suit your needs. To change the settings, press the “NAV” button, and then touch the “Routing Options” key.
The options are Dynamic guidance, Route Type, Minimize Freeways, Minimize Toll, Minimize Ferries, and Minimize Seasonal Roads.
• Dynamic guidance allows the system to display traffic alerts
• Route Type has three options; “Fastest” calculates the fastest route to the destination, “Economy” to calculate the most economical route, and “Shortest” which calculates the shortest route to the destination.
• Minimize Freeways – toggle on or off to minimize the use of freeways on a calculated route.
• Minimize Toll – Toggle on or off to minimize the use of toll roads on a calculated route.
• Minimize Ferries – Toggle on or off to minimize the use of ferries on a calculated route.
• Minimize Seasonal Roads — toggles between Never, When closed, and Always.
To delete previous destinations touch the “NAV” button, touch “Previous Destinations”, touch the destination to be deleted and then touch the “Delete” key. To delete all previous destinations touch the “Delete All” key.