Cars in movies are almost always cool. It seems to be part of the big blockbuster action movie formula: good-looking dude, beautiful woman, cool car, lots of action. Here are a few of the best cars in movies.
1. Bullitt: 1968 Ford Mustang GT
Bullitt redefined car chases with a legendary chase scene that put this car at the top of many dream car lists.
2. Back to the Future: 1981 DeLorean DMC-12
Any car that has doors that lift up instead of swing open is a pretty cool car. Also, the whole time-machine-on-wheels seals the deal.
3. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California
This movie introduced Ferrari to many Americans, and made all of them want to skip school and drive an exotic Italian sports car around Chicago.
4. Smokey and the Bandit: 1977 Pontiac Trans Am Special Edition
The 1977 Pontiac Trans Am Special Edition was simply called the Bandit Trans Am after Burt Reynolds and Sally Field performed amazing stunts in it.
5. Rebel Without a Cause: 1949 Mercury Eight
Dean’s fatal car crash a month after driving a Mercury Eight in Rebel Without a Cause made it one of the most sought-after cars for many people.
6. Goldfinger: 1963 Aston Martin DB5
This car will always be the most famous Bond car of the Bond franchise. This car embodies every trait that Bond is supposed to have.
7. American Graffiti: 1932 Ford Coupe
A 1932 Ford Coupe was the best choice for a car to represent the hot-rod generation.
8. Mad Max: 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT351
This low-budget action film brought viewers a post-apocalyptic vehicle of their dreams.
9. The Cannonball Run: 1980 Lamborghini Countach LP 400S
The Lamborghini that stole the show in this comedic movie was not even available in the U.S without modifications.
10. The Fast and the Furious: 1970 Dodge Charger
Although this movie was packed with import tuner cars, there is no doubt that this black old-school muscle car was the coolest vehicle on the road. It reminded viewers of the muscle that has all but gone away in recent years.